Thursday, June 29, 2006

Grandma's Love

Yet another poem, perhaps worth the story line but not poetic skills..written on 15th May 2006

Grandma's Love

In her eighties night when the stars still twinkle
The bright moon light shines up her wrinkles
The life is fading fast as sweet memories awaken
Its her only treasure that can never be taken..

The little girl lies aside resting her head on her lap
Finding abundance of warmth as she takes a nap
She wakes up to ask to ease her anguish
The matters of heart that caused pain and languish


She looks deep in her eyes with love and smile
speaking in a kind voice recalling moments of youth during that while
Her heart wavering if it was melting for the right soul
and tells her to trust her heart even if the mind takes a toll

A young man failing to find a way to my heart
conveys his feelings to throw his misery miles apart
thats when I felt he is the one who deserved my love
when my heart and mind surrendered to its power all above

Have I given up my sweet little girl
thoughts caught in pool of whirl
We wouldn't have been talking about love, my lad
cause that young man is none other but your grand dad.

No comments: