Monday, June 25, 2007

Google Earth


My present home, just jump on the top and climb down three floors, you would find me there. The green right side of it is where my neighbour, the president of Singapore lives(offical home called Istana). Well, by now my repute would have gone up as his neighbour.

Present home at Hyderabad..

School days home, almost spent 13 years..The ground before it is where I used to play cricket, gilli danda, marbles and kabbadi.

Well we lived in suburbs and it doesn't seem dense, this is how a part of Hyderabad looks like...more populated to Singapore.

Hema's home at New Jersy..I've never been here but figured out by her directions over phone...genius me...

A coastal region of Andhra Pradesh where I was born in a village which is not possible to locate. Perhaps google just mapped to towns and cities and haven't gone much extent.

Dad's side ancestors lived here. The place on pic 'Tangtur' is where our centuries back ancestral home. Well a castle to our standards, I remember being able to view it 5kms apart travelling in a bullock cart..perhaps wrong as I can't validate my childhood memories. I used to visit a village (where our farms are located)during summer vacation and stayed in ancestral dwelling (looks like hut) sarrounded with green fields and hills. With absence of electricity at home slept outside on a charpoy with loud orchestra of mosquitoes, losing quite a bit of blood by the morning. My initial swimming lesson was in a farmwell by a farmer and guess what was my floating device??...a dried pumpkin chorded with some kind of weeds tied to my waist...Should have been safer to a swimming pool tube..and sometimes I had to enter the water with just a rope tied to the waist with a guy holding the other end standing on steps..great crude way to be trained..

No comments: